William pays visit to severely ill children from Gaza
According to a Kensington Palace spokesperson, Prince of Wales visited a number of critically ill children from Gaza being treated by the NHS. As part of a UK government humanitarian initiative, the NHS began providing specialist services to Gazan children in September. According to Department of Health and Social Care statistics, 50 children are receiving medical attention as of November 21. Prince William had been
a Kensington Palace spokesperson said.moved by the courage displayed by the children and their families,
In September, the first evacuations of sick children and their families from Gazawere were announced. The evacuees' identity has not been revealed.
a government spokesperson said. Patients and their immediate family members are now being treated in safe and welcoming environments.The government collaborated with partners to carry out medical evacuations from Gaza to the United Kingdom over the fall,
more compassionate leadership around the worldIn October, the prince unveiled a global memorial to humanitarian aid workers in which he delivered a speech on humanitarian values. Prince William's visit to this country reveals a greater desire for him to establish what he has described as
where humanitarian issues are concerned.change is on my agenda, change for good,
Not overly radical change, but change that needs to happen,he told host Eugene Levy in a recent episode of the documentary series The Reluctant Traveller.
The Prince wanted to bring a moment of calm to these young people who have endured experiences that no child should ever face.he said. Following his visit to the Gazan children, a Palace spokesperson said:
His Royal Highness was moved by the strength demonstrated by the children and their families, as well as the team's dedication to them with such professionalism and humanity. "Israel initiated a military operation in Gaza after Hamas-led militants based in the Palestinian territories attacked Israel on October 7, killing 1,200 civilians and abducting 251. According to the territory's Hamas-run health ministry, at least 7100 people have been killed in Gaza since then. A ceasefire was called on 10 October.During such traumatic time, the Prince was also able to express his profound appreciation to the NHS teams for outstanding service.